Barun Sobti's next show The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family With AltBalaji

Monday 27 July 2015

I’m not under any pressure to excel: Barun Sobti HINDUSTANTIMES MAG Apr 02, 2014

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon hero Barun Sobti poses for the camera.





It has been quite a while since small screen's heartthrob Barun Sobti quit TV, but with a slew of Bollywood releases in the ­offing, including a John Abraham production, the curiosity around the 29-year-old has only increased.

In a free-wheeling chat with us, the otherwise private man got candid about his love for hometown Delhi, his crazy fan following and why he never indulges in small talk.
Here are excerpts:
You enjoy a huge fan following after your TV stint. Are you under any pressure to excel in Bollywood?
I don’t think of all that, I just concentrate on doing my job well, and if you are under any kind of pressure, you cannot ever perform well.
How is it working in a John Abraham production?
I’m currently ­shooting in Bhopal for John’s film, Satra Ko Shaadi Hai. It’s a very good script, and John is a very chilled-out producer... very supportive. He has got a great team, too.
What about your other two films — Main Aur Mr Riight and 22 Yards?
Main Aur Mr Riight is expected to release by the middle of this year, and 22 Yards is only 15% shot... we have a shoot schedule  for it in Kolkata, soon.

Have you quit TV for good? 
Not at all. If good stuff comes my way, I am open to taking them up... but yes, no more daily soaps because that just takes up all your time... you can’t do anything else, you don’t even have any personal life! My only reason behind leaving TV was that I wasn’t getting any time for myself at all, and for me, my family is very important.
Were you scared when you ­initially left your secured job to pursue your acting career?
I have always believed in taking chances in life.
How does it feel to be famous?
It feels nice of course, I feel alive. Somehow, people around me have always liked me, even in my office... but yes, when you are popular on TV, it puts you on the map, and it’s a good feeling.
What’s the craziest thing that a fan has done for you?
(Laughs) Once there was this girl in a shopping mall... she just came from nowhere and outright kissed me!
Does your wife, Pashmeen ever get insecure about your female fan following?
Oh, not at all, our relationship is way too secure
http://www.hindustantimes.com/television/i-m-not-under-any-pressure-to-excel-barun-sobti/article1-1202994.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment