Barun Sobti's next show The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family With AltBalaji

Monday 27 July 2015

Main Aur Mr Riight, Barun Sobti – Exclusive Interview – BRUNETTE DIARIES December 3, 2014

It’s 5 in the evening. Though December is supposed to be winter in India, in Mumbai it is just another hot month! I enter the venue, and take off my sunglasses as I head to the sofa. Cursorily, I happen to spot a fair guy with nice, shapely dark-black stubble. “Oh, Barun?” I exclaimed to myself. Even before I could seat myself, I am given the green signal to go ahead and interview Barun, one of India’s best looking TV stars, who is all set to debut in Hindi films with ‘Main Aur Mr. Riight’ (MAMR).
I look at him, as I head towards where he’s seated. He is wearing a nice, crisp pink-coloured shirt, sporting a clean stubble and has his hair ruffled. I sit next to him on the sofa. He smiles at me, and introduces himself. I too introduce myself and The Brunette Diaries, and tell him how I called for questions from all his fans on Twitter, and how within a span of only two hours, I received over a hundred emails from across the world, with several questions for him. He smiled at me, with a surprised expression. I knew he is curious to know what questions his fans have in store for him; so I wasted no time, and began with the interview soon enough.
'Sukhi' Barun Sobti with Shenaz Treasury in the film 'Main Aur Mr. Riight'
‘Sukhi’ Barun Sobti with Shenaz Treasury in the film ‘Main Aur Mr. Riight’
Which was the first scene you shot for ‘Main Aur Mr Riight’?
In the trailer you’ll see this scene where Sukhi is adjusting his hair with his spit! That one.
Were you nervous or excited before the shot?
I’m usually nervous while I’m shooting anything.
You had earlier said that you aren’t a great dancer. So how were your dance lessons for “Yaar Bina Chain Kahaan Re”?
Very difficult! There is this one step in the middle of the song, where … I can’t explain that step… but it took some 19 takes, yet I couldn’t get it right. So, it wasn’t easy.
So, eventually how did you manage it?
Eventually, I guess they zeroed in on the seventh or eighth take. But now it looks alright, as no one could spot it.
Which scene in MAMR is your favourite?
My favourite scene in MAMR (after some thinking, continued) is a scene which we shot near the lake side. In that, I am explaining to a friend why she needs to do that what I’m telling her to. I like that scene a lot.
You’ve said “Desi Munda” and “Khuda Khair” are your favourite songs in the film. Any particular reason?
Both of them are really good songs. “Desi Munda” is a catchy song, while “Khuda Khair” is a soulful track. I really like slow, romantic songs.
How was it working with (director) Adeeb Rais, co-star Shenaz Treasury and others in the gang?
It was very nice. And I hope the result is liked by the people.
Barun Sobti with Shenaz Treasurywala and director Adeeb Rais
Barun Sobti with Shenaz Treasurywala and director Adeeb Rais
Did they pull any prank on you?
No, no; not really.
What are your expectations from MAMR after its release?
I don’t know, yaar! Fingers crossed… hope it does well.
Will MAMR have an international release?
Well, we’re still planning it. As of now there’s no confirmation. We’ll have to wait for it to come out in India, and then we can check out.
What was your wife Pashmeen’s first reaction after watching the film’s trailer?
Oh, she loved it!
What were her first words?
If I remember correctly, “Wow! This is really good”. To this, I asked her, “So were you not expecting it?”
What was her reaction on seeing your character – the hair, the dressing sense?
It is meant to disgust people. She was like, “You’ve done a good job!”
Your movie is slated for release on 12th December, which happens to be your wedding anniversary.  Several of your fans remember it, and have wished you love for the anniversary and luck for your debut movie. So, what are your plans for 12th December?
Hmmm… private. I think I’m just gonna be with my wife.
Barun with his pretty wife, Pashmeen Manchanda
Barun with his pretty wife, Pashmeen Manchanda
New York, Mauritius, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Africa, and many other places – we’ve got mails from your fans inviting you to visit them. What do you have to say?
(Surprised, laughs) I can’t commit when; but I like to travel… so hopefully, some time!
After MAMR, what else do you have in your kitty?
I have shot another film with John Abraham Entertainment and UTV called ‘Satra Ko Shaadi Hai’. It’s coming out early next year. Then I’m also doing film called ‘22 Yards’.
Barun Sobti 6
- See more at: http://www.thebrunettediaries.com/main-aur-mr-riight-barun-sobti-exclusive-interview-part-1/#sthash.lF4ggV9H.dpuf

While he answered my questions, I’d (for obvious reasons) look at him. This is when I couldn’t help but notice that he had no makeup on, yet his skin was fair and flawless, and his lips were pinker than his pink shirt. If you don’t believe me, check this image clicked immediately after the interview ;)
Barun SObti 9
Anyway, yesterday he spoke more about the movie and his wife Pashmeen’s reaction on the movie’s trailer. In today’s set, you’ll get to know more about his personal choices and beliefs.
So, let’s begin!
Any Punjabi quirk that you have?
I like to imitate Punjabi uncles et al , but that’s only in my very comfortable zone.
What are you most comfortable wearing?
T-shirt and a pair of jeans
3 grooming products you cannot do without?
There’s nothing I particularly use to groom! (Laughs. But after a bit of probing, he continued) I simply use a perfume to smell good, I use wax sometimes, and… what else… ummm, shampoo?
Barun Sobti 5
What are the qualities you liked in your real life Ms. Right, Pashmeen?
I think, the mere reason that I never had to list down qualities, and I had a brilliant time living with her. In fact, we keep on saying this to each other that it’s so much fun living with you.
You’re playing a Salman Khan fan in ‘Main Aur Mr Riight’. Which is your favourite film starring the actor?
‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’, ‘Tere Naam’ and ‘Phir Milenge’. And I have a memory of watching ‘Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai’ and ‘Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya’ together in Hyderabad… when they came out back-to-back.
The suave and hot-headed Arnav or the loud, wannabe Sukhi – which role was easier to play?
Nothing was easier. They both were very different. When I began playing Arnav, it was very difficult to pull off, and we had to do takes and takes and takes. My own character just didn’t match Arnav, because I’m not a sulky, prudent kind of a guy; I’m a simple, practical kind of a person. So, it was difficult. And because that happened, Sukhi became even more difficult, because I was still in that zone where I would just move my eyes and not say anything like my character in the serial, while Sukhi needed a lot of energy.
Barun Sobti 4
You’ve played diverse roles on TV till date, and now in this movie it’s something totally contrast. What kind of a person are you in real life?
I take time to get going, I think. But once the ice is broken, then I can be a little loud and irritating, in a fun way, of course! Majority of the people around me, love me! So…!
Would you do a negative role in a movie if you get an offer?
Ya, ya, ya… Depends on if I have a lot to do (in the film). Playing a negative character brings forth your real acting skills, I think.
Your inspiration in real life?
I can’t say anything right now. I just go with the flow.
Barun SObti 1
Do you read all fan tweets?
I’ll be honest… no; I don’t. Woh toh impossible hai to read all of themBut I do glance through them every now and then.
Will we be seeing you in endorsements?
Yes, of course! I don’t know when… but hopefully, soon!
Sobtians are so happy about your debut movie release. You want to say something to them?
I just want to say, be happy. Do go watch the film, and I hope everyone likes it.
- See more at: http://www.thebrunettediaries.com/main-aur-mr-riight-barun-sobti-exclusive-interview-part-2/#sthash.IM7f5BXq.dpuf

0 comments:

Post a Comment